Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm going to plunge into the blogging thing!


This blogging idea is a bit of leap for me, so I'm just going to start with showing a few of my projects that I've done over the years. I've had a lot of fun with all my creations and can't wait to have more to add to this collection. Please come back often to see what else I have to show you.
This is a cloth doll that I made a few years ago for my mom. I used a pattern from a book I bought from my favorite book-club. I designed the dress myself. I named this beauty "Barbara". Her hair is a wig I made from one of those scrunchy ponytail things. I've had a hair fetish since I was about 9 years old and have collected all kinds of hair pieces over the years. Barbara's face is handpainted with acrylic paint.
I loved making these dolls. I sold some but most I gave to family and friends so I can visit them sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! Beautiful face. Kind of looks like Dolly Parton! This is a good beginning for your blogging career!
    CW

    ReplyDelete